Mixed reality mobile experience for one of America’s most beloved icons –– The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile! Fully custom strategy, design and development for iOS and Android, including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), 3D game design, 360º video and more!
Oscar Mayer came to Gravity Jack, seeking a cutting-edge, engaging way to proactively answer the top three questions they are asked whenever the iconic Wienermobile travels the country:
- Can I ride in the Wienermobile?
- When will it be near me?
- Can it come to my party or event?
Our job? Answer these questions with a mobile experience that is innovative and cutting-edge, while staying true to the timeless, beloved Oscar Mayer brand.
Wienermobile 360º ExperienceRequires a browser that supports 360º video, like Google Chrome.
UI / UX Design
iOS & Android Mobile App
360º Video Production & Google Cardboard
Database & Backend
Our team got to work, coming alongside the Oscar Mayer team, and meeting with those who know the brand best – from top executives to the Wienermobile Hotdogger team themselves. Together, our team strategized the best ways to answer the three questions.
- Ride in the Wienermobile - Virtual Reality (VR) Google Cardboard Experience: This solution allows any user with the mobile app to saddle up and go for a ride as a member of Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger team. The use of Google Cardboard not only provided an amazingly immersive VR experience, but also made the experience accessible to anyone –– giving the brand a cost effective way to provide branded VR headsets to the masses.
- '[email protected]' Augmented Reality (AR) Wienermobile Event Map: Now, nobody has to wonder when or where the Wienermobile will make an appearance! Users simply launch this in-app feature to view a map with their location and the nearest Hotdogger events mapped nearest to them. Users tap an event to view additional details, add the event to their personal calendar and even get directions to the location. The AR scanner feature allows users to pan the world around them, using their device's camera and instantly see floating Wienermobiles in the sky, wherever the closest events are scheduled.
- 'Park It' Photobomb Experience: For those wanting the Wienermobile to make an appearance at their event, office or even their very own driveway, this one is for you. The 'Park It' feature allows users to place a 3D Wienermobile rendering anywhere around them – complete with rotation, size and placement controls. Once the Wienermobile is perfectly placed where they like, users can capture a photo and share it to social media.