Gravity Jack, Inc. (“Gravity Jack“) values the privacy of our customers (collectively or individually, “Users“) who use the mobile applications, www.GravityJack.com Web site, technology operating off of Gravity Jack’s Adroit SDK, and other web sites, online services, or content (e.g., widgets, feeds, and applications) owned or operated by Gravity Jack (collectively, the “Gravity Jack Services“).
This Privacy Notice governs the Gravity Jack Services, and details important information about the use and disclosure of User information collected through the Gravity Jack Services. Gravity Jack provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use the Gravity Jack Services.
This Privacy Notice is incorporated into and is subject to the Gravity Jack Terms of Service. Your use of the Gravity Jack Services and any personal information you provide on the Gravity Jack Services remains subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice and the Terms of Service.
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES AND CONSENTS:
- Unlimited Data and messaging plans are recommended for the Gravity Jack Services. For some services, Gravity Jack may, either currently or in the future, require the use of SMS text messages. Standard data and messaging charges and taxes from your carrier apply.
- Gravity Jack collects, maintains, uses, and displays your personal data and the geographic location of your mobile device (we call this location fix of your device “location information” or “geo-location”) to provide the Gravity Jack Services.
- By using the Gravity Jack Services, you have consented to: (1) the use of your device’s location to provide Gravity Jack’s services including relevant advertisements, and the display of that location information to your Gravity Jack (including any related or tethered social media network) friends and within your geo-tagged messages and content; (2) in very rare cases, if any, receive text messages and emails; and (3) pay carrier data, messaging, and other fees resulting from Gravity Jack usage.
- The Gravity Jack Services default privacy settings are set for the way that most Users use the services: we save your password for the mobile applications, your mobile device’s geo-location is updated automatically, and that location information may be displayed to your Gravity Jack friends even when Gravity Jack services are not open and running on your device. Changing these settings is easy – depending on the service, just update custom ‘Settings’ on any Gravity Jack mobile applications or manage your preferences via the GravityJack.com and/or QAR.cc Web site.
- Please note that any personal information you voluntarily disclose online becomes publicly available and can be read, collected, and used by others and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. Gravity Jack is not responsible for the information that you choose to disclose publicly on or through the Gravity Jack Services.
THE INFORMATION Gravity Jack COLLECTS:
- “REGISTRATION INFORMATION”: You may willingly provide certain personally-identifiable information (such as mobile phone number, wireless carrier / operator, your name, email address, phone number, date of birth, password, etc.) when subscribing to the Gravity Jack Services.
- “PROFILE INFORMATION”: When using the Gravity Jack Services you provide certain other personal information and content, from either your activities while using the services, or via your linked social media profile/profiles – such as event times and locations, interests and hobbies, age, gender, sexual orientation, relationship status, and favorite places for breakfast, drinks, dancing, outdoor activities, etc. – that will be publicly displayed to other Users and on third-party sites and services (for example, when using the Gravity Jack Services to publish updates to Twitter, Facebook, etc.) in accordance with your privacy settings.
- “LOCATION INFORMATION”: To provide the Gravity Jack Services, we derive location information from your wireless carrier, certain third-party service providers, or directly from the mobile device that you used to register. This location tracking of your mobile device may occur even when the Gravity Jack mobile applications are not actively open and running in the foreground, but your location is displayed and shared with others only in accordance with your privacy settings.
- “COOKIES, PERSISTENT FILE INFORMATION”: When you use the Gravity Jack Services, we may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer. Gravity Jack may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your web browser and may be used by us during your subsequent visits to the Gravity Jack Web site. Persistent cookies set by the Gravity Jack Web site can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
- “LOG FILE INFORMATION”: When you use the Gravity Jack Services, our servers automatically record certain information about your usage. These server logs may include information such as a mobile device identification number and device identifier, web requests, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, search terms, ratings, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, features used in the Gravity Jack mobile applications, the number of messages and friend requests related to your profile, the amount of time spent on particular screens, the dates and times of your requests, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
THE WAY Gravity Jack USES INFORMATION:
- Gravity Jack uses your personally identifiable, registration, tethered social media profiles, and location information to operate, maintain, and provide to you and other Users all of the features and functionality of the Gravity Jack Services.
- To provide the basic functionality of the Gravity Jack Services – such as content dependent on and provided specifically based on your location – Gravity Jack maintains for its use only each User’s most recent location fix. If Users choose to “geo-tag” certain content or data with location information, then Gravity Jack maintains these geo-tags for so long as the applicable content remains on Gravity Jack’s systems.
- Gravity Jack uses your personally identifiable, location, and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous log file information) to track and analyze User preferences and trends in order to improve the quality and design of the Gravity Jack Services and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services.
- Gravity Jack uses a third-party data source to verify that your mobile phone number is on a wireless provider supported by Gravity Jack. If you have a supported mobile phone number and device, Gravity Jack may currently, or in the future need to send a text message to your phone in order to verify your custody of that handset. If your carrier or handset is not supported, then Gravity Jack may store your mobile phone number and reserves the right to send a one-time text message to you when the Gravity Jack Service does become available on your wireless provider or handset.
- Gravity Jack uses your email address or mobile number from time-to-time to send you messages from Gravity Jack such as privacy or security related notices, notifying you of major Gravity Jack Services updates, or for other customer service purposes
- Gravity Jack may use your personally identifiable, registration, profile, and location information to serve and personalize in-service advertisements specifically tailored to you and your interests
WHEN Gravity Jack DISCLOSES INFORMATION:
- Gravity Jack discloses some personally identifiable, registration, profile, or location information to subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other businesses or persons to: (a) provide certain features; (b) serve relevant advertisements in support of the Gravity Jack Services; (c) provide analytical and/or demographic information for the purpose of assessing effectiveness and usage of augmented reality content; and (d) process such information for us, on our behalf. For example, we may disclose information to wireless carrier partners for the purpose of revenue recognition, or we may disclose certain information in order to provide mapping, points-of-interest, local content, or navigation features. We require that these parties agree to process such information in compliance with this Privacy Notice and use appropriate confidentiality and security measures, and we use reasonable efforts to limit their use of such information.
- Gravity Jack reserves the right to disclose aggregate, anonymous log file and usage information in reports to interested third parties to assist those parties in understanding the usage patterns and performance results of certain advertisements, content, services, promotions, or features. For example, we may provide aggregate-level reports to an advertising partner for the purpose of showing delivery and performance statistics of a specific advertising campaign.
- Gravity Jack may release personally identifiable, registration, profile, or location information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
- Gravity Jack also reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable, registration, profile, or location information that Gravity Jack believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: enforce our Terms of Service; take precautions against liability; protect Users from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; assist government enforcement agencies; protect the security or integrity of the Gravity Jack Services; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Gravity Jack, Users, or others.
YOUR CHOICES: You may update, correct, or delete your privacy settings and profile information at any time. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, for all related accounts, at all times.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY: Gravity Jack uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information that Gravity Jack receives on your behalf to operate the Gravity Jack Services or that you transmit to Gravity Jack and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If Gravity Jack learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Gravity Jack may post a notice on the Gravity Jack Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY: Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Gravity Jack does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the Gravity Jack Services from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of Gravity Jack Services is directed to persons under 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE Gravity Jack SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If Gravity Jack learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected on the Gravity Jack Services without verifiable parental consent, then Gravity Jack will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained a Gravity Jack Services account, then you may alert Gravity Jack at [email protected] and request that Gravity Jack delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
Parents, the following are some resources that may help you in understanding and guiding your children’s access to the Internet. While Gravity Jack does not endorse these sites or products, we provide the following information as a public service to our Users.
- OnGuard Online (maintained by Federal Trade Commission) https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/privacy-identity-online-security
- ConnectSafely.org: http://www.connectsafely.org
- SafeKids.com: http://safekids.com
- NetFamilyNews.org: http://www.netfamilynews.org
- WebWiseKids.org: http://www.webwisekids.org
- CyberBully.org: http://www.cyberbully.org
- GetNetWise.org: http://getnetwise.org
INTERNATIONAL VISITORS: The Gravity Jack Services are hosted in the United States and are intended for United States visitors. If you are using the Gravity Jack Services from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.
These companies may compile information about the sites or services visited when seeing advertisements and determine which advertisements are clicked. Gravity Jack does not access or have control of the cookies that may be placed by third-party advertisers or ad networks. Likewise, third party advertisers and ad networks, not directly partnered with Gravity Jack, do not have access to your personal information stored with Gravity Jack unless you choose to share it with them. This Privacy Notice does not cover the use of tracking technologies or personal data by any such third-party advertisers or ad networks.
Gravity Jack utilizes Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third Party vendors, including Google, show Gravity Jack advertisements on sites across the internet. Gravity Jack and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to your website. In addition, Gravity Jack and third-party vendors, including Google, may use first-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how Gravity Jack ad impressions, other uses of ad services are related to visits to the Gravity Jack websites.
IN THE EVENT OF MERGER, SALE, OR BANKRUPTCY: In the event that Gravity Jack is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control so that the Gravity Jack Services can continue operations. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE: This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically without further notice to you and this will be reflected by the “last modified” notice below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received that personal information. Your continued use of the Gravity Jack Services constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions. If we decide to change our privacy policies, then we will post those changes to this Privacy Notice, and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of personal information you have provided to us, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you and obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information. If we make such material changes to this policy, then we will notify you here in this Privacy Notice, by email, or by means of a notice on the Gravity Jack Services home page.
EFFECTIVE DATE, DATE LAST MODIFIED:
Gravity Jack Terms of Service & Privacy Notice effective as of August 1, 2009
Gravity Jack Terms of Service & Privacy Notice last modified on January 30, 2017
This privacy statement covers the Gravity Jack Services. Because Gravity Jack wants to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, it has agreed to disclose its information practices fully, at all times.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact our Privacy Manager at [email protected], or by post mail at Gravity Jack, 157 S. Howard St, Suite 605, Spokane, WA 99201