Well, Apple’s event was today! In case you missed it, here’s a crash course, cheat sheet summary — so you can keep up at the watercooler!
Thanks to CNET for the live photoblogs!
1. iOS 7 is here! No surprise here, but the latest version of iOS (version 7) is scheduled for release this month! The official date: September 18, 2013.
2. iPhone 5 is replaced by iPhone 5C (C stands for “color”) & the iPhone 5S (Silver, Champagne & Grey). You can order the 5C on the 13th this Friday. On the 20th, then you can purchase the 5C and the 5S. Here are some details:
3. Touch ID – Fingerprint scanning: In a highly speculated release, Apple’s let loose one of the biggest and boldest new advances in mobile privacy and security. The new iPhones tout a fingerprint scanner that allows only you to access your device, as well as instantly make purchases via iTunes! Conspiracy theorist? The fingerprint information is reportedly encrypted and stored on the device only where the processor can access it…soooo, up to you. Also — Developers will not be given access to fingerprint information for means of authentication (According to CNET). Also, users will reportedly be able to select specific fingers, as well as load multiple users that have access to a single device! Early signs say people approve and think this is a great security feature — that no other device offers.
4. Snazzy new camera features, with some lens additions!
5. Speedy processor A7 64-Bit